Don't come around here no more. Whatever you're looking for. I've moved to Betty Rocker (and Baby).

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I know. I need a cooler blog design. I'm working on it. Actually, I'm just working on it in my head, but nothing else. Since I left Betty, I'm having a blog identity crisis and need to figure out how Carlita's Way is all about- be patient with me!  I'm in transition.

In other exciting news...

My iPod had a glitch and I had to "restore" my settings, which means, all my info was wiped out. I had to reformat it to the MAC (was previously formatted for PC) and basically had to build it from scratch, which isn't the worst thing in the world. I kind of like the fresh new start and being able to re-choose songs I like. Might help rid all the garbage I have lurking in my music library.

Fiona Apple came up on my shuffle and got me thinking what is going on with that girl these days- totally M.I.A. I'm going to have to check on her. Just when I start wondering where an artist has been, they end up releasing an album. 

Also- I'm officially slowing down, so don't expect much from me. I can't keep up with Kenny when we walk the dog, going to the gym seems like a chore (although, I might find the energy to get there this morning), and I'm not getting heated over things that were eating away at me before or feeling like everything has to get down NOW. When you are a month away from having a baby, you gotta pick your battles and just let things be and relax a little. At least that's the advice I get from friends and family. Seems to be working and making for a better nights sleep.

Oh and we are taking our Baby 101 classes finally. One down, two more to go. Kind of a "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and Baby Care Basics, but I think it's made Ken and I both feel better to be actively learning about more. What's funny is that we can read all the books in the world, take all the classes, but once this baby starts-a-coming...all knowledge is thrown out the window. At least we are making the effort!

2 comments:

  1. Did your iPod just "lock up" or did it need further help?
    I have seen people who reformat their iPod (restore) when they just needed a reset.
    It is easy.
    You just hold the center (select) button and the top panel of the ring for 5-10 seconds.
    Reboots your iPod with no changes in your content.
    Yes, there are times when you need to whack the whole thing, but try a reset first when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I took it out of the charger before it fully disconnected and it seemed to screw it up. Damage is already done, although it's great to know for next time. I needed to reformat to Mac anyway.

    ReplyDelete