Don't come around here no more. Whatever you're looking for. I've moved to Betty Rocker (and Baby).

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Counting Sleep

We were warned. We were told constantly. It's the number one thing parents of children tell me when they hear I'm having a baby.

"Enjoy sleep while you can!" This is followed by snickers and giggles.

After a while, this starts to bother me because I love the idea of sleep and I need it to keep my mental health aligned.  

Whoever said money can't buy happiness is a big fat liar. Because if I had money, I'd hire a night nurse or someone to help me with the baby while I get some sleep. And if I get sleep, I'm happier, right?

The past month, I wake up for hours each night, trying to fall back to sleep and I just can't. My mind is all over the place...thinking about work, thinking about the baby, thinking about what's to come...think think think...

I've turned into one of those people who can't shut it off at night. And it doesn't sound like it's gunna get much better come March. I'll just keep telling myself...it's only temporary and will pass. 

In the meantime, I'm a tired mama...in training.

Okay, time for DOG #2

Baby gifts arriving in the mail
Finally being able to go out on a walk with Ken and the dog tonight- it's not too cold!
Finding cute Thank You cards for $1 for a set of eight
A dryer that finally got fixed so I don't have to buy a new one
Lots of friends and family calling with advice





No comments:

Post a Comment